Skills Canada BC is proud to engage volunteers at every level of its operations.
Each year Skills Canada BC hosts Regional and Provincial Competitions with the support of hundreds of dedicated volunteers.
Let Skills Canada BC know if you are interested in joining our team of volunteers!
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Judging online competitions.
- General Set up and Teardown at competition events.
- Registration/ Info Booth/School Tours
- Mentors for the Girls Exploring Trades and Technologies Conference
- Join a Provincial or National Technical Committee
- Become a Regional Coordinator
- Try-A-Trade Activities
- Alumni & Mentoring Activities
For more information on volunteering please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org.
National and International Volunteer Opportunities
Skills Canada BC volunteers have the opportunity to be part of the local, provincial, national, and international skilled trades and technology competitions.
Provincial & National Technical Committees
Skills Canada BC’s Provincial Competition is only possible with the work and ideas of hundreds of volunteers who have expertise in a multitude of trade and technology fields.
Each Skills Canada BC competition requires a Provincial Technical Committee to plan everything from projects and judging to set up and tear down to sourcing equipment.
Provincial & National Technical Committee Members should have expertise in the trade or technology in which they would like to volunteer.
Experience on a Provincial or National Technical Committee is essential to qualifying for Skills Canada BC’s national and international volunteer opportunities.
Provincial & National Technical Committee (PTC) (NTC) Volunteer Opportunities
Skills Canada BC recruits Secondary and Post-Secondary Instructors and/or Industry Experts for competitions.
If you are interested in applying for one of these competition areas, please contact us at email@example.com.
Provincial & National Technical Chair General Duties
- Create Scope Documents
- Create projects
- Create Judging Criteria
- Determine registration limits
- Recruit and orient judges
- Determine equipment and material needs
- Facilitate the competition during event days